The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No tasks available in project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project set up as sequential. All of the tasks have a start date but no due date. All are set up as recurring with new start dates 3 months after completion.

When I view the project (or any context which includes those tasks) with the filter "available" none of them show up. When I change that to "remaining" I see them all and all are grey.

Thoughts?

When are the start dates? Only the first action in the list can possibly be available in a sequential project, and if it has a start date in the future, you won't see anything in a view of available actions.

Are the due dates that you set beyond Today? If so, then the actions will not show up in the "Available" filter until the start date is reached. They are not available until the start date arrives, this is the way it should work.

The "Remaining" filter will show all actions that are remaining, but they are grey to indicate that they are not available since the start date has not arrived.

Yes, all but one of the start dates are in the past (last year in many cases).

Sorry for the trouble! If the project itself has a start date in the future, that would prevent the actions from becoming available, even if they had a start date in the past...

Another possibility would be that the project was set to "On Hold" or "Dropped", I suppose; is the project icon badged with a pause-button or "X" icon?

If that doesn't explain what you're seeing, it may help to send a few screenshots to the support ninjas so we can sort out what's going on here.

It may help for you to include some screenshots of what you are seeing.

(You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. Tap your Space key, click on the window you want to capture, and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.)

Thanks. I have sent off some screen shots to the ninjas.

I posted on this thread earlier with some more suggestions and questions, but it seems to have vanished into the ether. Most of the questions or suggestions have been posted by Brian, but one remains. Try doing File->Rebuild Database...

If you are running 10.6, the screen shots will be named "Screen shot <date and time>", not "Picture <number>" but that probably isn't too hard to figure out if you aren't a subscriber to the thousands of files on the desktop school of Mac operation.

Thanks, good idea, but no joy. Still the same result.