The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to Create New Projects & Inbox Items in Established Folders? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I frequently use the New Inbox Item button to create a project and add an action to it. This is done by tapping the inbox icon in the bottom right, titling my action and typing a new name in the Project field. This all works fine and well, but how--using this same workflow--can I create that project in an already established folder? Or even create a new folder?

In OmniFocus for Mac, I know you can do this by simply typing out the folder structure in the Inbox. For example: to create a new project named "Offers" in the Work > Jobs folder, I can simply type "Work:Jobs:Offers" in the Project field. Now I have a new project titled "Offers" that lives exactly where I want it to, neat and tidy, no extra organizing required.

Is it possible to do this with the Quick Entry/Inbox on the iPhone? What is the syntax? What works on the Mac ("Work:Jobs:Offers") does not work on the iPhone. Frustrating and counterintuitive...any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Inbox Item - Create a Project.PNG
Views:	1251
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1491