The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Viewing a GoLive page in OmniWeb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Adobe GoLive 9 lets me view the current page (or a selected page in the site list) in any configured browser; in my case, that's OmniWeb, Safari and Firefox.

For a long while (using both GoLive CS2 and 9), I had Firefox as my default browser because there was some problem using OmniWeb (I forget the details). Some weeks or months ago, I was pleased to discover I could use OmniWeb as my default browser.

A week or two ago, I began having a problem with OmniWeb. Although GoLive's File > Preview In > OmniWeb.app is still working fine with the latest OmniWeb 5.7 Sneaky Peek 1, Preview In > Default Browser (OmniWeb) is now opening the selected page in an OmniWeb View Source window instead of a normal browser window. (From there, OmniWeb's Redisplay does open a normal window with the selected page.)

Preview In > Default Browser still works with OmniWeb 5.6. So something has changed in an OmniWeb 5.7 SP release.

To be fair, the bug finger should also point to GoLive because there really should be no difference between Preview In > OmniWeb.app and Preview In > Default Browser (with OmniWeb selected as the default).

[submitted as formal feedback to both the Omni Group and Adobe]

Last edited by Ward; 2008-02-03 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: fix typo

David M. (Omni Group Support) correctly diagnosed my problem with GoLive and OmniWeb:
"Does the process you're using to open in OW involve the command key? We use command as a modifier to force a document to be opened in source view ..."
That's it! If OmniWeb is not running (an artificial situation), Command-Shift-T previews the current/selected page in a normal OmniWeb browser window. However, if OmniWeb is running, I can't get my finger off the Command key before OmniWeb sees it.

Selecting Preview In > Default Browser from GoLive's File menu works fine ... except for being much slower than the keyboard shortcut.

I've fixed my GoLive to OmniWeb handoff by creating a QuicKeys X3 keyboard shortcut that doesn't use the Command key. (Pressing F12 is also much easier than the two-handed GoLive shortcut.)

Before someone suggests using OS X Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts to assign, it doesn't work -- see my "Why can't I add keyboard shortcuts for Adobe GoLive 9?" post in the Apple Discussions forum.

For that matter, I have never been able to get Dreamweaver to preview in Omniweb. I've been told it's a "known bug" but I sure hope it's fixed someday.