The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New to OmniOutliner Pro Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a new user of OmniOutliner Pro and think I need help in getting started using this product. I do a lot of outlines in my work and get information from several sources on-line to include in the outline.

Is there a best way to do this?

I know you guys are a bunch of pro's but I am new, be gentle!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholmes
I am a new user of OmniOutliner Pro and think I need help in getting started using this product. I do a lot of outlines in my work and get information from several sources on-line to include in the outline.

Is there a best way to do this?

I know you guys are a bunch of pro's but I am new, be gentle!
Thanks
I do quite a lot of this, and use the services OmniOutliner clippings services. I have four clippings files for different purposes. Highlight the text you want to include, go to Applicationname:Services:OmniOutliner and choose the clippings file that you want it to go into.
The only thing is that it doesn't always work the first time. You get an alert that it can't open OmniOutliner, but you'll find it is open. Just bring it to the front and then go to the services menu again. It should take clippings from any kind of window, not just a browser.
From there you can drag the clipping or copy and paste it into any other outline.
You can, of course, simply copy and paste, but I find the clippings route very useful as it preserves that clipping for future access if necessary.
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese
I do quite a lot of this, and use the services OmniOutliner clippings services.You can, of course, simply copy and paste, but I find the clippings route very useful as it preserves that clipping for future access if necessary.
Or there's iClip as an alternative