The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Canvas Organization in Sidebar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To warn: I'm a recent convert of Omnigraffle and have searched for this, but I have not found anything yet. Also, I'm not a UI designer or do anything with wireframing, so perhaps, I'm in the minority with my suggestion/feature request.

I like to take lots of notes on various subjects and create Omnigraffle documents on the subjects. I take numerous screenshots and insert them into OmniGraffle and have lines that connect my text notes to the screenshots. I like to have the first cavas as an index and I can link from there to other canvas.

It's working great, but my sidebar is getting extremely cluttered. I was wondering if there was a good way to organize or group canvas together?

For example, I have an ongoing collection of Filemaker script examples, and I create a canvas for each script, and break them down so I can understand them. It would be great if I had the ability to create a Folder in the sidebar and call it "Scripts" and put my script canvases in there.

A good example would be like Curio. I like Curio, but I like Omnigraffle better.

Thanks.

I'm a long time OmniGraffle user and find the V6 Canvas Sidebar for many of my projects becoming very cluttered.

1. When I shrink the horizontal width to get more canvas space, the canvas sidebar cuts off the canvas names (screen shot attached).

2. I agree with Tyler that having more features to organize the sidebar are really needed. Folders would be great!
Also selecting what information about a canvas I want to display in the sidebar would be great (look at the OmniPlan task side bar as an example of a flexible sidebar).

I looked at the OmniGraffle manual and didn't find any features to help with the sidebar organization. Also, google searches turned up nil.

Omni - any suggestions or help? Consider adding this to the top of your 6.1 release updates.

TIA

-- Sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 12.04.07 PM.png
Views:	862
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	2981