The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPhone/OF Support Statement Before Pre-Order Ends? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using the tool. Taking my Mac to work in my Windows professional world (it all boils down to Outlook doesn't it?). iPhone sitting in my pocket unused. I'm getting hooked _and_ getting things done.

I'm really hoping that before the pre-sale ends, there will at least be some kind of statement of intent to support the iPhone by Omni.

It will be difficult to plunk down $40 for a tool I have to cary my Mac around to use. Tell me I'll get some iPhone syncing support for that $40 and I'll place my order now. Once the price hits $80, iPhone support is a must or I can't justify the cost.

Just my thoughts... what are yours? Do you think Omni will give us any guidance on future iPhone syncing support before the pre-sale ends?

Brandon

I completely agree. I've had to start hauling my MacBook Pro into the office as well (not that I don't love using it instead of the office issue windoze), but I really wish I could be using OF via my iPhone when I'm away from mac.

Maybe we could see a show of hands regarding this. Is there some polling facility in the forum for taking votes. Maybe if Omni sees enough interest, they'll recognize the (financial) benefit to support the iPhone.

No poll is needed; as was stated in another thread, nearly everyone at Omni has iPhones. Without a public SDK we can't say exactly what we will and won't be able to do, but its a safe bet we'll be working on it.

Shoot, the forum app trash my last reply... at least this one will be more succinct.

OF would be my first Omni license purchase, so I'm not familiar with what level of features typically come out in point upgrades with Omni's software.

I know this is difficult to say with the SDK coming out in Feb, but is iPhone support something that is planned for 1.x versions of OF or is it something we'll have to wait until 2.x for?

Let's say Omni comes out with native iPhone support in April/May using the official SDK. Is it planned that users have to upgrade to "Pro" to get that support? Would it be a paid add-on or just rolled into v1.5 for free?

Thanks!

Brandon

That's kind of unknowable at this point. I certainly wouldn't want to promise that we'll do it and have someone led into buying OmniFocus on the presumption that they'll see that feature in 1.x. All I can say is that we'll be trying our hardest -- even then, we may decide it makes more sense to put it in 2.0.