The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

untrusted server certificate! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm got OS2, got my OF for iPhone, synced up with a WebDAV server at my job, got the location using the OF broadcast and... no connection from my Touch to the DAV server -- untrusted server certificate. I can go there in Safari (it asked if I was willing to take a chance), I've tried installing a .cer using the iPhone Configuration Utility. Nix...

Any suggestions? Thanks,
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydb View Post
I'm got OS2, got my OF for iPhone, synced up with a WebDAV server at my job, got the location using the OF broadcast and... no connection from my Touch to the DAV server -- untrusted server certificate. I can go there in Safari (it asked if I was willing to take a chance), I've tried installing a .cer using the iPhone Configuration Utility. Nix...

Any suggestions? Thanks,
Jeremy
I'm getting the same error using 1.1 sneakypeek (v77.4.0.102663). I've verified that my WebDAV address is valid. I just can't seem to bypass the "untrusted certificate" message.

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

I asked ken about this, and he was surprised that installing the certificate in iPhone Configuration Utility didn't work. Seems like an Apple bug, but thanks for reporting this. We'll try to figure out a workaround for you guys.

(Other than not using https or getting a certificate from an Apple-trusted certificate authority, obviously.)

Thanks. I just got a BingoDisk account, so if you can get it worked out before July 10, 2009, that'd be swell!

Jeremy

I'm having the exact same problem -- I can't sync to my iPhone because our WebDAV server uses a self-signed SSL certificate, and OmniFocus on the iPhone just says 'untrusted SSL certificate'. This is such an obvious failure mode, I can't believe there's not simply the option in the dialog for OmniFocus to trust the certificate. The capitalization in the dialog box isn't even correct and the error message is so terse that it was obviously an after-thought and nobody even considered the fact that people might need to trust an untrusted certificate. And users shouldn't have to install untrusted certificates via the iPhone Configuration Utility, even if that worked.

I just spent $79.95 on OmniFocus because it can finally sync to the iPhone, and then another $19.99 for the iPhone app itself. This makes me really ticked off -- I just spent $100 on all this for the express purpose of having access to everything on my iPhone, and it doesn't even work. I feel like I shouldn't be writing such an antagonistic post, because this is the first release of the iPhone software and obviously your engineering man-hours are limited. But on the other hand, every feature you add to the app should be properly implemented -- it doesn't do anyone any good to cram a whole bunch of features into something if they're all half-assed. A hundred dollars is a LOT of money for a piece of software.

And you can't ask people to sync over HTTP -- I have sensitive information in OmniFocus, not my grocery list. After spending $100 I'm now supposed to go out and spend $500 on an SSL certificate because OmniFocus can't give me the simple option of trusting my own certificate? Arrrggghh.

Do you have an idea when this will be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by registering_is_stupid View Post

Do you have an idea when this will be fixed?
Sorry for the frustration! It's fixed in OmniFocus for iPhone 1.01, which should be out very soon. We don't have a solid timeframe because of the apple review process.

OK, cool, I appreciate the responsiveness. The problem is that OmniFocus is so useful it's maddening to be without it places!

I wish Apple could speed things up a bit on their end. This delay in receiving the version with the invalid certificate fix is annoying.

If we have to wait this sort of timeframe for fixes, this could become a real problem.