The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF 1.7.5 creates ghost window in Expose Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesense View Post
I can still work in Microsoft Excel and wait until you guys patch things up. As a personal non-encrypted syncronizable todo manager I think OmniFocus would suit my needs.
I'll refrain my impulse toward snarkiness and assume that you didn't mean for that to sound terribly patronizing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
I'll refrain my impulse toward snarkiness and assume that you didn't mean for that to sound terribly patronizing...
Not at all. Besides how can I be a patron here? :) I'm not a native English speaker so please try to focus only on information I'm trying to pass and not the emotional colors - they may be misleading. My message: I'm patiently waiting for the fixed version and hope it will be release within reasonable time.

I always see this ghost window on Snow Leopard, but I don't really use Exposé so it doesn't bother me much. I have a theory that it's actually the Quick Entry box, just hidden, since it's about the right size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intranation View Post
I always see this ghost window on Snow Leopard, but I don't really use Exposé so it doesn't bother me much. I have a theory that it's actually the Quick Entry box, just hidden, since it's about the right size.
If it was Quick Entry I would gladly switch it off completely.

I hate recommending this and I really wish I wasn't, but that said, I used to get this ghost window and don't anymore. The only change I can think of between then and now is trashing my cache folder and repairing permissions (because of an unrelated issue). I assume you've already tried those but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makesense View Post
I installed 1.7.5 and 1.8 on two brand-new MacBook Pro's version 7.1, fully updated.
I installed 1.7.5 and 1.8 on three 'clear' virtual machines. Every time I get this ghost window right out of the box.
Is anyone still seeing this ghost window in 1.8.1? I think it should be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Is anyone still seeing this ghost window in 1.8.1? I think it should be fixed.
Ken,

Could you please let me know what you did to fix this. Daylite programmers have stated that the problem you guys were having with Omni is causing their DMI window to release from mail and go floating all over the place. If you would be willing to extend a helping hand, I will pass it on to them (with you guys taking the credit of course).