The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Omnifocus - the radar in the cockpit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexniluka View Post
Hello

The DEVONthink for iPad is now in the AppStore. Does it really allow to create the link to its file and to put this link to OF note, like URL? Could you show some screenshots of how it works?

If I could "attach" any files to my iPad OmniFocus tasks it would be a great issue!
You'll need the Mac versions of both apps to make this work. The link is established on the Mac, from DEVONthink to OmniFocus Mac, and DEVONthink Pro and Pro Office come with a script to automate the creation of the task in OmniFocus. This allows the user to click on the link from the OmniFocus notes field and the document is opened in DEVONthink.

When the document is synced to DEVONthink To Go and the task is synced to OmniFocus on the iOS, the connection still works-clicking on the link in OmniFocus iPhone/iPad opens the document in DEVONthink To Go.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
You'll need the Mac versions of both apps to make this work. The link is established on the Mac, from DEVONthink to OmniFocus Mac, and DEVONthink Pro and Pro Office come with a script to automate the creation of the task in OmniFocus. This allows the user to click on the link from the OmniFocus notes field and the document is opened in DEVONthink.

When the document is synced to DEVONthink To Go and the task is synced to OmniFocus on the iOS, the connection still works-clicking on the link in OmniFocus iPhone/iPad opens the document in DEVONthink To Go.
Thanks for the info. It works perfectly.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
Thanks for the info. It works perfectly.
......on iOs 4.2
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
You'll need the Mac versions of both apps to make this work. The link is established on the Mac, from DEVONthink to OmniFocus Mac, and DEVONthink Pro and Pro Office come with a script to automate the creation of the task in OmniFocus. This allows the user to click on the link from the OmniFocus notes field and the document is opened in DEVONthink.

When the document is synced to DEVONthink To Go and the task is synced to OmniFocus on the iOS, the connection still works-clicking on the link in OmniFocus iPhone/iPad opens the document in DEVONthink To Go.
I'm having a problem getting this to work. I can create the action while in DEVONthink on my Mac through the script, it will create the action in OF with the link and the link works on my Mac. I sync both DEVONthink and OF and the action and link show up in OF on my iPad, but the link will not work. I've tried this a bunch of times with different documents and no go.

Is there a setting somewhere in OF on the iPad or OF on the Mac that I need to change?
 
I had the same issue
Thus i upgraded to iOS 4.2 (the gm can now be found) to get Multitask, and now it works, the link can be selected
Hope this will help
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arno View Post
I had the same issue
Thus i upgraded to iOS 4.2 (the gm can now be found) to get Multitask, and now it works, the link can be selected
Hope this will help
Thanks, I was hoping that this would have fixed it but I actually upgraded to the 4.2GM this morning before I posted here and it still didn't work which is why I was asking, I should have said that when I first asked, sorry. I will keep trying, I understand that it does work so it has to be something that I have set improperly or something I'm doing or not doing.
 
For what it s worth i have to press the
shortcut, hold and select open in order to get the link to work
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arno View Post
For what it s worth i have to press the
shortcut, hold and select open in order to get the link to work
This happens to be worth a lot!

Thanks, it works just fine when press/hold/open. It's the simple things that I tend to miss, I don't know why. I seem to have a mental block when it comes to Press/hold and then select things while on the iPad, I keep forgetting that the option to do this is there.

Thanks.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beginners guide - using omnifocus to find a personal strategy of how to use omnifocus wayne4 Applying OmniFocus 7 2008-11-14 06:22 AM
Export: OmniFocus Archive vs OmniFocus Document steve OmniFocus 1 for Mac 3 2008-11-07 05:43 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.