The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forecast view listings for Mac desktop Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainInside View Post
@kingsinger
I think I get the idea, but I was thinking it is for OmniFocus forecast option on MacOS like it is on iPhone.

If you will be able to get a screen shot I would appreciate. Maybe I'm getting it wrong, however I think it will have no use for me.

Thanks
It isn't really like Forecast view on the iPhone. It's just a way of getting a layout on your desktop that contains similar information to the information contained in the forecast view on the iPhone.

It's not an interactive list. It's simply a text list of items starting in the next x days (or due in the next x days). When you make a change in Omnifocus, the next time the script is refreshed, these changes will be reflected on your desktop.

So if you don't keep OF open on your mac all the time, but you'd like to be able to see your task list at a glance by looking at your desktop, these scripts might be worth you while. But if what you really want is something pretty close to the iPhone functionality, this probably isn't what you want.