The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeat Indicator in Latest 1.6 SP Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure that I like the repeat indicator that has appeared in the latest 1.6 SP release. First, it's another column that is taking up valuable space, but more importantly to me is that it appears to be very much 'in my face". The icon is always bold, even for tasks that are grayed because they are not available yet. I'm finding it to be a visual distraction when scanning my task lists. I've also never wondered if an action is set to repeat or not, so having an icon to remind me is of no value to me.

I'm sure that there are users that have requested this and will be happy to see this feature added, but I must ask is it necessary to duplicate all the functionality of the Inspector pane with columns? I'm fine with adding new features that appeal to specific segments of the user base, but when those features are mandatory for everyone, then not everyone is going to be happy. Perhaps the display of the repeat column could be turned on/off by the user like Context, Estimate, etc., columns, and/or add an icon that is grayed when the task is grayed?

Can't you turn the column off (right click the headings)? I'm not using the sneaky peeks myself, so can't test, but this is the equivalent menu you will get in 1.5:

No, the flag column and the new repeat indicator do not have an option to be turned on/off. As you can see, the flag cannot be turned on/off in 1.5 either, but I believe the flag column should always be displayed.

Ah well... I guess I should keep quiet about something I am not even using ;-) Sorry about that.

No worries here-good suggestion just the same.

I like its' inclusion but agree that it's styling should change for tasks that are unavailable

Styling has changed in the latest SP build-the icon looks much better! While I'm still on the fence as to if I want this indicator visible all the time, at least the new icon removes the "in my face" look and I can live with that. Thanks Omni!

Yes, the new icon is much improved, thanks!

Yes, the new icon has a lot less "visual weight."

But doesn't the icon in the column heading (visible with the view bar) look like its vertical alignment is skewed? It's sitting too low in the available space and actually touches the bottom of its cell.

-Dennis

Agreed, but with the lighter emphasis, I didn't notice it to complain :)