The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

5.5b1 mishandles 'charset=macintosh' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a Perl script that creates HTML pages using AppleScript from iPhoto, and to save performing any character conversions I generate my pages with a
Code:
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=macintosh">
tag so that curly quotes, ellipses and so on will show up properly when the page is rendered.

However, the current OmniWeb 5.5 beta doesn't render any of those characters -- so a page containing 'it’s' will render as 'its' and make me look like a fool who can't spell. :)

By comparison, the current (10.4.7) Safari does render these characters as expected.

(The workaround, obviously, is to improve my script so it turns these characters into
Code:
&rsquo;
and so on, thereby avoiding character set issues altogether.)