The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Disk option for syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by odavy View Post
Gosh, I have a .mac/mobilewhatever account and I still can't get it to work. It just keeps prompting me for my password over and over. I'm giving up for now (hopefully it's just Apple's problem), but I was curious to know if anyone else is having issues.

Dave
Could you clarify a bit which device "it" is? You are running both the desktop and the iPhone versions, right? Do both give you errors, or just one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidtreo View Post
Do I understand correctly that I MUST purchase me.com or web dav somewhere to use the software I just paid for? Even apple allows for sync directly from mac to iPhone! This is not good. And very dissapointing of not outright misleading.
I own OF for the Mac and I instinctively bought the version for the iPhone. However, I don't see any choices in my Synchronization Preferences in OM. I just have an option to synchronize between calendars and contexts, that's it! I don't see the "Synch with: Nothing, iDisk, WebDAV, Disk" choices that appear in the "How To" video...

Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfenkonig View Post
I own OF for the Mac and I instinctively bought the version for the iPhone. However, I don't see any choices in my Synchronization Preferences in OM. I just have an option to synchronize between calendars and contexts, that's it! I don't see the "Synch with: Nothing, iDisk, WebDAV, Disk" choices that appear in the "How To" video...

Help!
Sounds like you need to get the OmniFocus 1.1 sneaky peek, it's the release that has the syncing added to it.

So in the end I signed up for MobileMe yesterday and it works brilliantly.

I was up and running in minutes and my OmniFocus tasks are now in sync across my two Macs and iphone.

Thanks for discussion here.

Leanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Go to Manas Tungare's blog page, follow the instructions there, and in OmniFocus 1.1 set syncing to that location. Do the same on the iPhone.
That site is offline (probably all the OmniFocus users trying to access it). Could someone put together a HOWTO and have it as a sticky in the forums?

That site seems to be back up now.

Maybe you did say you needed WebDAV or iDisk but it is not apparent. I purchased the iPod touch upgrade and Omni Focus assuming it would work by simply installing it now I am faced with having to set up a WebDAV which would not work in my case as I carry my laptop around with me or am working in bootcamp and need to see my Omni Focus so I am stuck with having to purchase iDisk or Mobile me and feel like I am being nickled and dimed here.

To be honest I feel ripped off.

I am in love with omnifocus and omni group but I am VERY disappointed with this situation.

How do I ask for a refund on the upgrade and the omni foucs app?

Likely I am stuck with the cost for something I cannot use and to say I am disappointed is an understatement.

Thanks omni, thanks..... :(

Behnt - sorry for the confusion here; we didn't intend for anyone to be confused or feel ripped off, obviously. We tried to make the requirements clear, but it's definitely still confusing to folks. If you can suggest any wording changes on our pages or the App Store that would have helped, we're interested in hearing about it.

MobileMe offers a free 60-day trial. By the time that free trial is up, we'll have had some time to work around some of the problems preventing folks from using one of the other free file-storage services that are available.

If you don't want to have to worry about remembering to shut off the MobileMe trial, we're hearing that folks have been using bingodisk.com quite successfully; that service is $20/year instead of $100/year.

If none of those options work for you, you should contact Apple - at the very least, let them know that the option to do a wired sync would be helpful to you.

Again, very sorry for the confusion and distress.

Fixed my syncing issue. I needed Sneakypeek. Be nice if that is there somewhere when first installing.

Greetings,

I've been using OmniFocus for quite awhile now and find it incredibly useful for managing my business. One major driver for buying the iPhone was the ability to run OF on it. However, I'm professional opposed to opening up unnecessary services on my laptop or leaving sensitive information in the cloud.

Are there any plans to allow a sync option via something other than through the cloud? (Running a local WebDAV server on my laptop means exposing that service, something I'd really prefer not to do.)

-David