The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forgetting the Milk Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yesterday I had a coworker remind me of Remembering the Milk again. It appears Google has purchased and will be rolling it into it's cloud of betas.

I tooled around, and was attempting to use it for GTD. Again, another application fails at GTD. How hard could it be to adopt the GTD model? And why are less than 5% of productivity apps out there adopting it? Do they want to paint with broad strokes to get as many people as possible? It's extremely frustrating that so many companies just won't follow the model.

Some of the brilliant pieces...
web application for mobil phone
use of tags
it's on the web and you can make list public

Some of the ugly pieces...
no sense of project
no sense of context
clunky to use
use of tags
it's on the web and people could possibly see/hack your playbook

I don't know if I would ever use a 100% web solution... just because of the security. It would be nice for me to allow to share projects on the web, ones that I want to put out there, but not everything.

You can use a tag cloud for this system, but it quickly becomes the numb tag cloud. And I couldn't figure out how to get into the task details to assign tags. Maybe I'll look into it again...

All this to say, I went back to my OF Alpha, and was even more excited about using it.

Omneans... brilliant work on an application that has eluded so many. Please stay on target... we are all hoping and rooting for you.

Last edited by SpiralOcean; 2007-06-19 at 08:43 AM..

100% web would never do for me either... I do a lot of stuff on the subway.

It is a nice little app though.

BZ