The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeat UNTIL ? (and perhaps Repeat N times ?) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The syntax of iCalendar repeat strings (on which the OF 1.10 repetition model is now based) includes the UNTIL and COUNT keywords as well as the FREQ keyword which is already in (Sneaky peek) use with repetitions like:

FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=2;BYDAY=MO,WE;WKST=SU

I'm not sure whether they are internally parsed yet, but it strikes me that it might well be useful to be able to use these keywords, and have a GUI component offering:
  • Repeat <at some interval> UNTIL <date>
  • Repeat <N> times <at some interval>

(Repeat Tuesday lecture until end of term/semester,
repeat some exercise/medicine daily for 10 days etc)

Not sure whether that looks useful to others ...

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-02-22 at 06:56 AM..

Yes the repeat until or repeat x times both would be helpful, but I'm not very good at scripting them and need ot wait until the SW is out for real.

If you feel it would be good to have them as options in the repetition inspector, it's probably worth adding a vote through Help > Send Feedback ...