The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipping Shortcut not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Whatever shortcut I select in the preferences as clipping shortcut I get the error message that the shortcut cannot be used because it is already used by a system-wide keyboard shortcut. Checking up on this in the Mac OSX system preferences though produced no result: the selected shortcut was not taken and should be available. I've tried this with a number of shortcuts and ALWAYS get the same error message.

Are you on a PowerPC machine? I've heard of this from one other user who was, and I was only able to duplicate it on that type of machine in our testing lab.

I'm not sure if it's an us-bug or an OS X-bug, but I've got it written up a bug so the dev team has a chance to look at this.

I'm indeed on a PowerPC. Powerbook G3 running OS X 10.5.

I think I have this problem as well on a PowerBook G4, Mac OS X 10.5.1. This also happens in the Perspectives shortcut capture for me.

I was able to use Control-Option-Command shortcuts, though (i.e. Control-Option-Command-1). Keep up the GREAT work, and let me know if you need any more information.

Ah! I am the other PowerPC user, so I am glad to hear that it's a bug....

I am running Leopard on a Powerbook G4 800, and have the same issue.

Clipping doesn't work AT ALL for me. This is on a MacBook and I have tried several shortcuts. I silently fails without an error message.

I'd really appreciate if this was solved soon.

Clipping isn't working for me either and i'm on one of the latest macbook pro's... The strange thing is that i'm sure it was working at one point but now, just nothing happens when i press the keyboard shortcut i have set. I have a number of other keyboard shortcuts which have no luck either.
I even backed up my omnifocus and removed the application support folder to see if starting from scratch would help - but nope, same issue.

The odd thing is that if i go to 'services' and do it via the menu - it works...

It *was* working for me as well at the beginning. Can't say why it stopped working, though.

I use Control-` for my clipping shortcut and it has worked flawlessly ever since I installed OmniFocus last September. I haven't seen any problems at all. I'm on a recent MacBook Pro running Leopard.

This makes me wonder if there's some conflict with something else installed on your system. Have you tried creating a new user account and testing the clipping shortcut there? That would go a long way in eliminating some of the variables in this issue.