The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Daily time notifications Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have repeating actions which have to be performed at a certain time. I'm on 10.8, iCal doesn't work with OF.. So any other options?

There are two ways that OmniFocus and iCal can communicate. One of them is broken with 10.8, but the other should do what you want.

You need to have set up regular OmniFocus sync to a WebDAV server. You can get a free account on Omni Sync Server, or use another WebDAV server you may have access to.

In the middle of the stuff for configuring WebDAV sync, there's a checkbox labeled:
Quote:
Publish Due reminders as a calendar
Check this box, and then click the "Subscribe in iCal" button next to it. This should have you all set, except that there's a bug: the events will get into iCal, but without alarms. We're fixing this in our next minor update, coming soon.

----

On the other hand, maybe these actions don't belong in OmniFocus at all? For example, I have an alarm set to check in with my boss at 4:45 every day. I don't actually talk to him every afternoon, but this makes sure that if I have something to ask him about, I catch him before he leaves for the day. Obviously, this is related to my work projects. But seeing "check in with Boss" in OmniFocus doesn't actually help me get other things done. It's not something I should combine with other actions when I'm in the relevant context. It's not something that blocks the availability of other actions. So it's not an OmniFocus action at all, just an alarm on my phone (in Due app actually).

Quote:
On the other hand, maybe these actions don't belong in OmniFocus at all? For example, I have an alarm set to check in with my boss at 4:45 every day. I don't actually talk to him every afternoon, but this makes sure that if I have something to ask him about, I catch him before he leaves for the day. Obviously, this is related to my work projects. But seeing "check in with Boss" in OmniFocus doesn't actually help me get other things done. It's not something I should combine with other actions when I'm in the relevant context. It's not something that blocks the availability of other actions. So it's not an OmniFocus action at all, just an alarm on my phone (in Due app actually).
thanks for this tip, makes sense.
yet I'd like to see my upcoming events in the calendar. Can you give me a step-by-step guide? I don't understand how to set up Webdav with omni server.

Splitloop, if you open the Sync pane of OmniFocus' preferences, is the "Sync with: Omni Sync" option selected? If so, all you need to do is check the "Publish Due reminders as a calendar" box that Lizard mentioned; OmniFocus will take care of the rest.

If you have one of the other sync options (including "None) enabled, feel free to call (800.315.6664) or email our support ninjas and we can help you set this up.