The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there a web-based or online Omnifocus edition? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The current trend seems to be going towards clouding and web platforming in regard of task and project managment. Wunderlist, GetFlow, Basecamp and many others are becoming popular and they are based on or heavily supported by a web platform. Things will have its own web interface once they get their cloud sync solution ready.

It would be very stupid from Omnigroup to not to follow up with the current trend, so I am hopeful that it will be one day implemented.

Last edited by devastat; 2011-04-12 at 10:19 AM..

Currently iPad and iPhone only. Real pain for extensive data entry. Would gladly pay for web interface that synced. I vote "Yes please!"

I am sure I am not the first to request an OmniFocus web application. As a mac user forced to use a PC at work, the ability to use OmniFocus on the web would complete the ultimate utility of OmniFocus as an all encompassing productivity tool. I think the "Email Processing" features are great, but are a limiting work-around for those who are forced to rely on a PC (Outlook) to manage work calendars, tasks, and events; especially when network firewalls and security restrictions act as additional hurdles to use of apps on mobile devices while at work. The entire suite of Omni products would benefit greatly from web accessibility in the "cloud".

Is there now, or has there ever been consideration for OmniFocus as a web application?

It has clearly been considered over the years, but it has never bubbled to the top of the to-do list. I suspect it never will. Lots of work, perhaps not much gain, and they already have plenty to do (at a pace which seems to be slowing as the number of staffers increases).

We've certainly talked about OmniFocus for the Web, and Mail Drop is sort of a baby step in that direction. However, we are currently pouring our OmniFocus time into the Mac app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
(at a pace which seems to be slowing as the number of staffers increases)
Our pace of development is not slowing.

Right now, we have these projects on our plates:
  • MailDrop.
  • Sandbox every Mac app. This is actually a huge amount of work for every single one of our teams, but ideally has zero user-visible impact. (Not clear if that's actually an achievable goal, but we've been working very hard to make the sandboxing transition as seamless as possible.)
  • OmniPresence. This involves creating one new Mac app, significant updates to three iPad apps, and significant work on the back end. And some additional work to our Mac apps.
  • OmniFocus 2.
  • OmniOutliner 4.
  • Completely rewritten Microsoft Project importer for OmniPlan to support modern versions of both OS X and iOS.
  • Re-architected the Microsoft Visio importer for OmniGraffle to support modern versions of both OS X and iOS.
  • OmniKeyMaster, to provide upgrade pricing to our App Store customers.
  • OmniGraphSketcher 1.3.
  • OmniGraffle 5.4.3.
  • [Other Major Work Yet To Be Announced]

And with all this going on, we just shipped a major update (and a few follow-up bug fix releases) to OmniOutliner for iPad (v1.4.x, adding audio recording).

Last edited by Ken Case; 2013-04-09 at 04:11 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Our pace of development is not slowing.
Right now, we have these projects on our plates:
So that's Mondays; what about the rest of the week? :)

Last edited by Brian; 2013-04-11 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: increase readability by reducing quantity of quoted material

+1

It could be a vastly encouraging for those who buy omnifocus without mac.

It would be great to be able to use OmniFocus on my PC at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick101 View Post
So that's Mondays; what about the rest of the week? :)
lol. we get you're busy @Ken! make OmniFocus Web happen! ;-)