The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Focus on grouping filter categories? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Focussing on projects or folders is a great feature in OmniFocus.

But why the focus functionality is restricted to projects and folders in the planning mode? Why not extend the focus command to the categories created by the grouping filter?

I think that would be very helpful in planning as well as in context mode:
When doing my daily review I want to see only those projects I want to review daily. So, with an extended focus functionality I could set the grouping filter to "Next Review", focus on "Today" and ten save this as a perspective which really shows only today's reviews.

In an analogous way in context mode I could focus on tasks which are due 'Tomorrow' , 'Within the next 3 days' or to overdue tasks and then create the corresponding perspectives.