The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WebDAV Synching with IIS Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an entire server farm running IIS which I can use for WebDAV hosting, so I picked one and enabled WebDAV and set up the permissions, presumably correctly.

When I click "Sync Now" the first time, WebDAV files are uploaded correctly. I can see them in the server's file system as well as when I browse from a browser. However every successive sync attempt generates a "404 File Not Found" error. I'm not sure what file OmniFocus is looking for, but it's the only thing writing to the folder, so whatever file it's looking for should be there.

Ideas?

( I removed ALL security on the folder, so anyone can access ALL of the files from a browser, so I'm fairly sure it's not a permissions issue )

Okay, I fixed my own problem, so now I'm feeling foolish for not doing more research before posting. I'm going to leave this post here for those who follow.

1. Turn off Anonymous access in Directory Security and the Sync tab in Synchronization Preferences will ask for a username and password. You get to decide if you want integrated Windows authentication, Basic or Digest.

2. Make sure to add a custom MIME type for the folder for .client:text/xml on the HTTP Headers tab | MIME Types dialog.

3. Set the folder to allow directory listing, write and read on the Directory tab.

You should be good to go. If enough people are interested, I could offer hosting for a nominal fee. I've got the servers and the bandwidth. Hopefully I've given enough information so that a reasonably savvy Windows Server 2003 admin could set up WebDAV for themselves, though.