The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone app will not sync with MobileMe server Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferp View Post
Where is it recommended that you have 1,000 actions? I didn't see that anywhere before purchasing the app. OF really should let users know that in advance.
I think the number is more of a suggestion than a hard limit, designed to keep your database to a size that will be sure to fit in the iPhone's memory. It is mentioned on the troubleshooting page and possibly elsewhere. I quote the relevant bit here:
If your database is too big, it will be too large to fit in the iPhone's memory. If you are also using OmniFocus on a Macintosh (the most likely way to encounter this problem), consider archiving some of your data by choosing "Move Old Data to Archive" from the File menu. In general, we recommend trying to keep the number of actions on your phone down below a thousand.
Quote:
I ran the script and it says 7210. (Is that the correct number?)
Could be. I can't quite see your screen from here :) Whatever the number is that gets printed before the next line prompts for another command, that's the answer.
7210 is a lot of actions. I've only got about 10% than that, and I've been using OmniFocus for almost as long as it has been possible to do so, with lots of repeating actions, and no use of the archive function.

Quote:
I do use the F12 key to 'send' email messages or snippets to OF. I don't ever attach documents, images, etc. to OF, though.
Ah, but the email messages can have attachments, and they will be inserted. I'll bet that is what has bloated your database. Have a look at my posting about database size and attachments for details on how to see where the space hogs are.

By the way, how did you set up your F12 key to do that?

Quote:
The desktop file always works fine.

(What can I say - I have a lot of projects and a lot of actions!)

Looks like the data file size is 23Mb.

Best,
Jennifer

Jennifer
Yeah, 23 MB is awfully big for it all to be stuff you typed in :)

Try dragging a copy of your OmniFocus database from the iDisk to your desktop. Select it, then ctrl-click on it to get the pop-up menu and select Show Package Contents. Inside, you should see a bunch of zip files of various sizes. Double-click on the one that starts with 000000 and you should get a similarly-named directory. If you then go into that directory and use the Finder's View->Customize View Options to have it calculate the size of all the folders, you can see where the space is going.

Argh now my iPhone is completely dead anyhow!

Got a G3 phone and for some reason it works much better now.