The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What's the status on alternatives to MobileMe? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ah, I didn't realize that you had MobileMe disk syncing turned on (that is what you are saying, right?)...that's a "just say no" option in my opinion until Omni gives the all-clear. Any sort of synchronization where one party doesn't practice any sort of interlocking (I'm looking at you, MobileMe) is just asking for hard-to-diagnose trouble!

No I turned off the idisk sync [is that what it's called? ] it's just the mobile me cloud sync. I thought you had to use mobile me unless you were using a webdav? Maybe I still don't have it set up right .
I went into docs in mobile me online and renamed the oFocus doc .

To be clear, the iDisk syncing that we fear is the one I've attached in my screenshot. It's in the MobileMe system preferences pane.

We are not aware of any issues with any of the other MobileMe features, such as syncing your bookmarks and calendars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iDiskSyncOff.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	748  

yup, I turned that off..renaming the file in the docs folder fixed it easily

Does anyone have any insider knowledge when Apple might release 1.1 for iPhone? Have they said anything to Omni?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
OmniFocus 1.1 for iPhone has gone to Apple and could show up in the App Store any day now. If you're just getting something to hold you over until Bonjour syncing shows up, try to avoid signing up for a year-long contract.

beginning to wonder why they're holding it up myself : )
Looking forward to not waiting for app to load before I can createa a new inbox item . Easier date selection will also speed things up .

Try Box.net. Free for a small account, and you don't need much for OF.

Bonjour syncing for iPhone is now available (version 1.1 was posted today).

The wait is over. iPhone 1.1 is now available on the iTunes store. This update totally kicks ass! And here is the reason why: Bonjour syncing! If your Mac is on a local wifi network (like at home, for instance) on regular basis, set this up and your syncing will be LIGHTNING fast! I'm not kidding on this.

And if you go to work with your MBP and can't use the wifi there because of firewall issues, just set up an ad-hoc network on your MBP, open OF on MBP, open OF on iPhone, and sync voila!

I'm telling you: THIS IS HUGE!!! We are no longer subject to the vagaries of EDGE or #3G connect to get our database synced. It's just like the good 'ol days of Palm syncing to a PC using a cradle, ONLY BETTER!!!! I mean, man, this sync is FAST. Killer fast!

Thank you, OmniGroup.