The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web Interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love omnifocus. I love the fact that I can use it anywhere on my iphone,ipad or mac at home. I have been a user for years.I am always on the lookout for improved productivity.

However I think there is something missing, which is a web interface. That would improve my productivity especially at work or when I am near a PC.

I have been testing Nirvana HQ, which is nice and have just started testing the beta of Wunderkit which is a kind of web based social omnifocus. Rather like twitter meets omnifocus all in a modern design that looks like sparrow. It's very interesting but not really for me.(i have never really understood the social thing needing to be attached to every prodcut, in my mind productivity is productivity, social is social and they are separate.) I am sure this product is going to grow massively though and is one to watch for 2012.

I am committed to omnifocus but the competition is growing fast. Please can we have a web based interface.

Yes, a web interface is definitely something we'd like to do. (It's far closer to our current skill set than, say, a Windows or Android app.) In fact, we were about ready to start developing a web interface when Apple announced this little thing called iPad. At this point, I don't know how soon we'll get back to building a web interface, as we're putting our efforts into OmniFocus 2.0 for Mac.

I have a PC at work, and I can't bring my iPhone or iPad to work. I'm not a fan of web interfaces but I could really use one for OmniFocus.

I'm using OmniFocus at work on a Mac, and it is the best todo tool I've used because it is so close to GTD. Due to security reasons, I have to keep personal and work-related info separate, so I use my Omnifocus license only for work.

For personal info, I use Remember the Milk Pro. I would like to buy another Omnifocus account to use to replace Remember the Milk personal info, but I would greatly miss the convenience of the web UI. Accessing my personal todos from any web browser is a must.

Are you folks still thinking about doing this someday?

Best regards
-- Joe

Yes we're still thinking about this. In fact, we're one step closer than we were in January: Omni Sync Server (our free WebDAV service) has moved out of beta.

Is the web interface any closer to becoming a reality?

We haven't ruled it out completely, but our plans for the OS X and iOS editions of the app have us busy for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiu View Post
So soon the interface might really become reality. Nice!
LOL.... Don't count your chicks just yet... They still have to get to OmniFocus 2 first before even thinking about a web interface.

I'm going to guess that there is a a little sticky note on the Omni Group wall that says "OmniFocus" HTML 5 web interface. That's about all the progress so far in that direction.

Hey guys, I hate to be "that guy" and I use and love OmniFocus currently. I really need to have a non-apple device way to manage my stuff. I'm sure other folks have restrictions on bringing devices into their work space and whatnot.

I understand if you can't make the feature happen, and software development isn't a magic hat, but no web management is definitely going to be a deal breaker for me upgrading the software when it arrives. I'm currently shopping other web enabled GTD solutions that work on all my devices.

The new Mail Drop feature for Omni Sync Server helps some folks get emails and other soon-to-be actions into their OmniFocus inbox from Windows, Android, and other platforms. More info about that here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...13&postcount=1

Our current plan is to release OmniFocus 2 for Mac and then take a deep breath and then pick what aspect of the OmniFocus system to work on next. I don't know yet whether that will be adding a richer web interface, or improving our existing OmniFocus environments.

If that is too long to wait or too much uncertainty, then go ahead and go find the tool that works best for you. I sincerely wish you luck in finding the system that best meets your needs.