The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New OmniFocus Basics video Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For those who didn't catch Ethan's recent blog post:

Quote:
New to OmniFocus? Already using it but confused about the basics? We’ve got something for you: the new OmniFocus Basics video. In it you will witness the ancient struggle of a lone man in the wilderness as he struggles to overcome insurmountable odds. Ok, ok, not actually that. But you will witness how to manage your actions and goals. And if your goals include “overcoming insurmountable odds” or “struggling against nature” then there is drama aplenty in store for you, my friend.You can find the video in a couple formats on the OmniFocus page or jump to them directly now:
Enjoy!

Viewed the video before downloading Focus for a spin- and it was very well produced and helpful.

However, upon install I found Focus to be non-intuitive and it left me with a sense of 'what on earth is this tool supposed to do?' Free form tasks? Contextual associations.....hmmmm. This may be good!

The last time I found a tool this intriguing from the first splash screen was Lotus Agenda back in 1988. The power in that app was way ahead of it's time and little did I know that I was one of only 20,000 people on the planet who actually used it day to day. Windows 3.0 arrived; Lotus Agenda died and I have missed it ever since.

Perhaps Focus' ability to build intelligent intersections of information from simple, random text strings provides the same attraction as Agenda did back in the dark ages of computing. I am looking forward to seeing how far we can extend this tool in our manufacturing and mining operations.

thanks! this sort of thing i find very helpful. looking forward to the more advanced screencasts.

Great video. I know now that I was on the right way. The next video will bring the new stuff I am struggeling with right now. Please don't wait long. It would save me hours of trying, which I could use to do my actions.

Nice Video for a nice app! I've been using omni software for years now.
My question however is related to the making of this video. What software did you use to screen capture your mouse movements?

Thx!

Gonna guess they used Omnidazzle?

I don't think so. OmniDazzle gives focus to certain parts of your screen but it doesn't actually capture your screen actions.

Thanks a lot for the info!

Dany