The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mouse cursor after waking from sleep on built-in monitor Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniWeb 5.6 Sneaky Peek (all versions that I can remember)

This bug seems to occur under the following circumstances:
I've been using my MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo running OS X 10.4.10, docked to an external monitor and keyboard. I then unplug the external monitor and power cord, putting the machine to sleep for the trip home from the office. When I get home, I open the MacBook Pro and the machine wakes up on its built-in monitor.

At this point, the mouse cursor in OmniWeb operates incorrectly in this fashion. Let's say I point to a link. The arrow cursor stays an arrow. But if I move the cursor a centimeter or so below the link, it turns into the Pointing Finger, and if I click in this spot, the link is selected, even though the link is actually a centimeter or so above the cursor. This occurs for every link on every tab in OmniWeb 5.6 until I shut OW down and start it again.

This has occurred throughout the run of OW 5.6 Sneaky Peeks as far as I can remember. OW in general has always seemed to have issues with waking from sleep. I seem to recall an issue where windows could not be resized after waking from sleep as well, though I'm not sure whether that's been resolved yet.

The "about a centimetre" is the height of the toolbar. If you toggle it on and off, it should solve the problem IIRC. This bug has been posted before, but I don't recall if there was a solution (my suggestion is just a workaround).

Edit: Incidentally, are you using any APE haxies or Input Managers at all, especially ones that would interfere with window display?

Thanks, Jonathan. I'll give that a try.

I'd still love to see it fixed, though. In my daily use, right now it's the only consistently annoying OW bug I encounter.