The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Planning with OmniFocus (problems and workarounds) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I do not use start dates, but I am fan of due dates. I usually chop all my projects in small (<2 h) chunks, so I set my projects with multiple actions with their own due date (I do not use time, if something is due in an specific time, I set up an appointment in iCal). In this regard, I miss an "Overview" tab or a way to arrange actions from different projects and spread due dates on different days. The "Group by Due Date" is good, but any action scheduled for more than 1 day ahead is grouped in "within next week" or "within next month" tabs. I know this sounds like OmniPlan (I have never used it, but it seems "too big" for what I need), but I would like to have a "personal OmniPlan" and OF is close to it.
In this regard, I have an issue setting due dates. If I set a due date to an action in the inbox and sent the action to its project, the action appears at the end of the project (this is good), but there is no way to get an alarm saying that the due date for this action is set to an earlier date than the previous actions of the project and that the project needs to be reviewed. This makes compulsory a "review" step any time actions are added to projects.

While I am writing this, I am playing with the perspectives. I have found that, in context view [view bar: all context, group actions: due, short actions: due, show actions: remaining, any duration and any flag state], I can have a pseudo-overview view, that I can add to the toolbar and customize with its own icon. This is really helpful, but, I would like to have an iCal week and month view for actions, or a "gnatt chart" view.

Last edited by Pablofp; 2008-01-03 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Correct mistakes