The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reliability Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How about this new feature: reliability.

I'm sending a dozen crash reports a day. Restoring a workspace seems to crash about every 3rd - 4th time. It's a key feature of OmniWeb, why does it constantly crash?

Before adding more bells and whistles, how about making what is already here work reliably?

It does work reliably for most people otherwise this would be a much more reported issue (only 15 crashes throughout the entire 5.7 sneakypeek programme for me, fwiw). There are three possibilities (or a mixture):

1. either there is something seriously borked with your install, or
2. you have an incompatible third party software installation (such as a haxie, contextual menu item or input manager) which is injecting its code into OmniWeb, or
3. you are constantly hitting a website or sites that have a repeatable crasher.

For all the logs that you are submitting, do they always crash in the same thread with similar characteristics, and if so what are they?

Also, try deleting the cache and history files for OmniWeb to see if that helps.

I'm getting far fewer crashes after a reinstall a few months ago... and I also switched to Leopard at the same time. There was one recent 5.7 sp that was very crash prone.

Which reminds me, which version are you using?