The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"next" link via ENTER broken in localised version Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
One feature I use a lot is that when you hit ENTER in OmniWeb it will look for a link on the current page labeled "next" or containing the string "next" and try to follow it. This way I can quickly browse long lists at google or other sites that come up with lists and "next" links, just by hitting ENTER.

However when I switched OS X to German the other day I found that this functionality was gone. Or could it be that in the German localisation of OW it is looking for a different string? At least when using OW on google.de it won't work. On a sidenote I also have to say that the "Vorwärts" link on google.de is a pretty poor translation ("forward" WTF?).

I think OW should also try to follow "next" links in other languages when hitting ENTER. This is another one of the things I really dearly miss when using other browsers.