The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Taking the Taks with you Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm new to the whole GTD world, having been put off by how cumbersom and demanding all the tools have been. I watched the video and was very interested. But in the end, I would need a quick and easy way to have my task list (for the day?) exported so I can teke it with me. I'm not going to remember my shopping list, and I may/may not have a printer (plus we should be going digital).

I have an iPod and a cell phone (potentially an iPhone). Can OmniFocus get my info to those quickly? Maybe via iCal (for iPod sync?).

I don't take my iPod with me everywhere, so could there be an option for a SMS of the list (it is built into the Addressbook)?

Again, the killer feature will be the ability to interact with the list (checking things off) while away from the computer, for a sync to my main list. I don't want to (and I know I won't be able to) remember what I did or didn't do when I come home to check things off. Get it on the phone (maybe Java app) or the iPod (can't you write an app for it?) that I can interact with, and that would be amazing.

FWIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazuca
I have an iPod and a cell phone (potentially an iPhone). Can OmniFocus get my info to those quickly? Maybe via iCal (for iPod sync?).
Yes, OmniFocus syncs with iCal, and the todo lists it creates can then be exported to any iPod, cell phone, or other device that can also sync with iCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazuca
Get it on the phone (maybe Java app) or the iPod (can't you write an app for it?) that I can interact with, and that would be amazing.
This is already possible for smartphones running Palm OS and Windows Mobile. You just launch their respective todo list managers, mark off your completed actions, and, assuming all goes well, the changes will be updated in OmniFocus on the next sync.

As for OmniGroup writing a Java or iPod companion application, I'd be very surprised if that ever happens.