The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Odd behavior of OmniGraffle 5.4.4 Stencil Window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm looking at my Stencil window and it shows folders with stencils in them, e.g., Maps->South America and Maps->North America. However, I also see the South America and North America stencils *OUTSIDE* of the folders. And I don't see any folders in /Library/Application\ Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils (either in Finder or under Terminal) and all the stencils in there are unique. What gives and how can I "clean" up my Stencil window (I want my stencils in folders, not just "Favorite Stencils," and if they're in folders, not to clutter things up by showing up in the top level as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanster View Post
I'm looking at my Stencil window and it shows folders with stencils in them, e.g., Maps->South America and Maps->North America. However, I also see the South America and North America stencils *OUTSIDE* of the folders. And I don't see any folders in /Library/Application\ Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils (either in Finder or under Terminal) and all the stencils in there are unique. What gives and how can I "clean" up my Stencil window (I want my stencils in folders, not just "Favorite Stencils," and if they're in folders, not to clutter things up by showing up in the top level as well).
Not entirely clear what you mean by "outside" of the folders. As in, under the "Stencil Library" section but outside of the parent folder; and not under the "Recent Stencils" or "Favorite Stencils" sections?

The built-in library that you see under "Stencil Library" and the organisation therein appear to reflect the folder hierarchy found in "Omnigraffle.app/Contents/Resources/(language).lproj/InternalStencils/". You may have to bring up the Finder contextual menu in order to drill down into the application package content. Perhaps starting there might help?