The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Last call for OmniFocus 1.7 feedback! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wow, sorry to hear that. I'm not ready to give up my PowerBook just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Webalstrom,

which version of the SP did you use? I know Ken fixed at least one bug in this area last night (and did away with the ".loaded" file in the process, it appears). How did you determine that your perspectives didn't transfer? Did you look in the Perspectives window, or at the Perspectives menu? They won't be installed in the toolbar by default, so if the absence of perspective buttons in the toolbar was how you concluded they didn't transfer, you may have been misled.
I know the perspectives do not load in the toolbar, but they were not in the P-window or P-menu either.

I downloaded the SneakyPeek this morning (Wed, 8/26) and my Get Info says its version 77.32.0.117860.

I hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Actually, what I did was to make the code more careful about only writing the .loaded file after it successfully saved the new perspectives to the new database after loading them. When I saw your message this morning (sorry I didn't reply!),
I'd rather you fix bugs I report than reply to my email, if I have to choose one or the other :-)
Quote:
I investigated further and discovered that while we were loading the old perspective, we weren't saving it yet because the database was in the process of being loaded. So I restructured the code a bit to make that work, and you should start seeing .loaded files again in r117865 and later.
Rerunning my tests with 117867, I agree that it seems to work as you describe, and I haven't found any more holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webalstrom View Post
I know the perspectives do not load in the toolbar, but they were not in the P-window or P-menu either.

I downloaded the SneakyPeek this morning (Wed, 8/26) and my Get Info says its version 77.32.0.117860.
Try it again with the current version, please. We don't want Ken slacking off before his work is done :-)

I think this is tied into behavior with 1.6, when you choose a default perspective, -- I'm trying to get the latest 1.7 build going with (v77.32.0.117867), and am still waiting for my perspectives to all open from the Finder after 1.5 hours -- anyway, I'm seeing what I think will be my perspectives carried forward from 1.6, showing up staggered in the Finder.

When I open a bunch of TextMate, or whatever, docs, I often stagger them manually, so I have some alliance with this, but for OF, I always want to be able to see the default perspective/window in its glorious fullness, and not have it slip under the always needed (for me) Inspector window. So no staggering, I say! Flush left, and let the user navigate the windows via the menu.

thanks

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Wow, sorry to hear that. I'm not ready to give up my PowerBook just yet.
That's OK, we're not ready to release new major versions of our apps just yet either!

Hi,
im using a german version of OmniFocus and the translation of the new features is still missing. Just keep that in mind because its looking strange to have that mix of english and german in one dropdown box.
Regards,
Martin

It's late and I'm tired, but it seems like perspectives recently lost the preservation of expansion state in the sidebar. I'm looking at rev 117959. Can anyone confirm this?

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
It's late and I'm tired, but it seems like perspectives recently lost the preservation of expansion state in the sidebar. I'm looking at rev 117959. Can anyone confirm this?
I just set up some perspectives to expand and collapse individual elements of my sidebar, and they seem to be working in my tests. However, I did discover that when I relaunched the app with one of those perspectives active it didn't apply the sidebar expansion properly until I clicked on the perspective again.

Does that match what you're seeing?

UPDATE: Oh ho, it's not just on launch, it seems to have trouble restoring the sidebar expansion whenever it's entering a view mode for the first time, i.e. if clicking on a perspective takes you from from project to context mode or vice versa. A second click seems to apply the saved state (since you're already in the right mode). Digging deeper…

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-08-27 at 03:16 AM..

Dennis,

Also take a look at the Perspective window and make sure the Restore Expansion checkbox is checked. The release notes indicate a recent bug fix with that part of the UI. Apparently the UI control wasn't always matching the underlying data. I had a perspective that previously failed to restore expansion. After rev. 117867 I saw that Restore Expansion was off, though it previously appeared to be on but not working.

Anyway, rechecking that box and taking a snapshot of the perspective has it working, modulo the bug that Ken just found.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt