The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting in Editor for Ad Blocking Preferences Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometime I add another image to the filter via the context menu. New entries are being attached to the end of the list and may be just slightly different from others that are not visible at the moment. It would be nice to have the chance to compare entries.

Hans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm View Post
Sometime I add another image to the filter via the context menu. New entries are being attached to the end of the list and may be just slightly different from others that are not visible at the moment. It would be nice to have the chance to compare entries.
Hans
I agree. A sortable list would be excellent.

I would take this a step further. I'd like to be able to export the list to a text file for editing and import text files. Since the ad block list is treated by OW as individual lines on a plist, things like sorting and editing are a bit of a pain. There are some nice and very effective ad-blocking rulesets for Firefox out there, and it would be very nice to be able to parse an externally generated filterset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomage View Post
I would take this a step further. I'd like to be able to export the list to a text file for editing and import text files. Since the ad block list is treated by OW as individual lines on a plist, things like sorting and editing are a bit of a pain. There are some nice and very effective ad-blocking rulesets for Firefox out there, and it would be very nice to be able to parse an externally generated filterset.
Did you know that you can copy and paste a bunch of lines of text into the blocked URLs list? Copy the rules you want to add, bring up OmniWeb's ad blocking list, click on the appropriate table, then use Paste (Command-V). Each line of text will be pasted as a new ad blocking rule.

Similarly, you can select all the lines and use Copy to get them as plain text. (So if you want, you can Copy everything out to a plain text editor, edit them to your liking, then Paste them all back in.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Did you know that you can copy and paste a bunch of lines of text into the blocked URLs list? Copy the rules you want to add, bring up OmniWeb's ad blocking list, click on the appropriate table, then use Paste (Command-V). Each line of text will be pasted as a new ad blocking rule.

Similarly, you can select all the lines and use Copy to get them as plain text. (So if you want, you can Copy everything out to a plain text editor, edit them to your liking, then Paste them all back in.)
No, I did not know this was working. This is something I've wanted since v 4.something, but have not even thought of attempting, due to the way the dialog behaves. Thanks for the tip.

This is very handy to know! Thanks! i can copy my list to TextMate, sort it, remove duplicates, and paste it back.