The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dot import broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it just me or is the Dot import somehow broken in 5.2.2? When i try to import something like the script below, the arrows are completely messed. I think that this kind of stuff used to work.

digraph G {
rankdir=LR;
null [shape = plaintext label=""]
null -> 1
node [shape=ellipse];
2 [shape=doublecircle];
1 -> 1 [label = "a"];
1 -> 2 [label = "b"];
}

Yeah, it broke in 5.2.2 and apparently I was the only one to report it, so it wasn't deemed necessary to hold 5.2.2 to fix it. Additional people reporting the problem via Help->Send Feedback should help make sure it gets fixed soon.

Geee, just when I desperately need that feature. I guess I have to downgrade.

The only question is: where on earth is the old version?

Normally, you could download it from http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/software/MacOSX/10.5/ which contains Omni apps requiring 10.5 or later, such as OmniGraffle 5. However, some housecleaning appears to have taken place, and there aren't any older versions of OG there at this time. Best bet is probably to call up Omni when they turn on the phones in 2 hours (1-800-315-OMNI) and ask them to provide a copy of 5.2.1.

Older versions of our software can be found at http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...e/MacOSX/10.5/

Cheers, and we'll be fixing this .dot import bug in the next release.

Ah, I didn't look quite closely enough at the URL I dredged up -- matched the "ftp" at the start and the "10.5" at the end and figured I had it! Didn't realize there were two similarly named directories, one with only the current version for half the products (and a trailing version for the other half, rather more convenient!) and one complete archive.

It has often seemed that the archive of old versions is somewhat lacking in discoverability on your website...if someone who knows of its existence has trouble finding it, how will the infrequent or first-time visitor likely fare?

Please fix the annoying arrowhead regression first, though :-)