The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

AM/PM Madness Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am continuing to experience frustration with OF timing my tasks for 12pm. I went through and manually set them all to AM last week. I frequently move the start dates of items forward with the shortcuts like "1d" or "2w". When I do so however, OF sets the start time for those moved start dates to 12:00PM. As a result when I plan my day over my morning tea, several of my tasks don't appear. This could be a big problem and has caused me to lose faith in my system.

I can't find any setting in OF to set this straight and I'm hoping it is a bug. I do not want to recode my 350 tasks back into iGTD. Anybody have a clue?

David

www.macsparky.com

Dates should default to 12am, as you expect. Please use send feedback to make sure this gets reported.

Very strange - your post got me worried since I just added a whole slew of actions with due dates, some originally indicated with something like "2 d" but most others with specific dates.

However checking them, I find the times are all 12:00 am. I also just changed one by moving the date forward, but it's still 12:00 am.

Now I've retried moving forward by using "2w" "4d" and entering a specific date. It's still 12:00 am.

But now for a bug (I've just reported it) -

I enter a future start date using "4d" and that worked. The time is 12:00 AM, which is also correct. I then changed the time from "AM" to "PM"- that worked. However when I then try to change the time back to "AM", and either press enter or click elsewhere, the time jumps back to PM. If I change the time to "11:00 AM" then that sticks. If I then change the "11" to "12" and press enter, the time changes to 12:00 PM (the AM changes back to PM).

Last edited by pvonk; 2007-10-09 at 12:59 PM..

Maybe 12mid and 12noon would be clearer! It's one of those turn of the century is Jan 1 2000/2001 things.

pvonk -- What you're describing sounds like a bug. Please make sure to email us about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
pvonk -- What you're describing sounds like a bug. Please make sure to email us about this.
Right, I did that already. It's a definite bug and not a "feature".