The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbie iCal syncing questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
You would think that I could test this myself without bothering the forum, but I have not yet synced with iCal for the first time, and want to make sure that I understand what's going to happen, lest I mess up data already in iCal. I would be grateful if someone could explain.

- If an action has neither a start date nor a due date, does syncing push it into iCal, or does it remain exclusively in OF? If it's user configurable, how can I arrange for iCal to contain dated and alarmed items exclusively, so that no undated To Do items exist in iCal?

- If an item has a start date in OF, does that have any impact upon iCal, or is iCal syncing strictly about the due date?

- If an item has a due date in OF, will an alarm automatically be set in iCal, independent of the iCal preference, or is the default alarm preference in iCal the means by which OF provides alarms?