The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

io9.com crashes OmniWeb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using OnmiWeb v622.15 r142730 on an iMac i3 with Max OS X 10.6.6. When I go to http://io9.com, OnmiWeb locks up and takes the full power of one processor core. The same happens with http://chrisglass.com. The current version of Safari handels these sites without problem.

Flushing the cache and even starting over without any preferences (I deleted the folder /Users/username/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5) did not help.

In the Console logs I find this message:
08.03.11 17:01:41 [0x0-0x53053].com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5[705] Tue Mar 8 17:01:41 Amanda.local OmniWeb[705] <Error>: The function `CGContextSetFontRenderingMode' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGContextSetFontRenderingStyle' instead.

and this one:
08.03.11 17:14:29 OmniWeb[728] __CFServiceControllerBeginPBSLoadForLocalizations timed out while talking to pbs

Any suggestions?

Hans

Hmm, both sites work here without incident, running OW 5.11 sneaky peek r145443. What are you running?

Sneaky peek builds can be downloaded from http://www.omnigroup.com/omniweb/download/sneakypeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What are you running?
Please read my post again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm View Post
Please read my post again.
Sorry, that line had scrolled out of view by the time I finished testing and started writing my response.

Quote:
Any suggestions?
Please read my post again :-) Try the sneaky peek.

Quote:
Flushing the cache and even starting over without any preferences (I deleted the folder /Users/username/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5) did not help.
By the way, the preferences aren't stored in the Application Support/OmniWeb 5 folder, but rather as ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist. I usually create a new user to test things like this when there is any question about whether existing settings might somehow be part of the issue.