The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

won't sync anymore Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For the last few days my phone won't sync with the desktop. It always gives me "timed out". If I set up the sync credentials it works, but only once. I don't think it's related to upgrading to 3.0 because that was a while ago, but perhaps. The iMac hasn't had a big update either. The two things been working fine together for quite a while and then - bam. The phone is a 3G.

What are you using for your sync method, Bonjour, MobileMe, other WebDAV?

Oops, right: Bonjour

I've noticed that when I login to my work VPN, then back out again, I often have to tell OF to 'share' the database again.

Works fine if I'm on my home net, then go to work net, and back to home net (iow, OF keeps syncing fine between those two--dare I say it: contexts!), but anytime I use the VPN at home, it definitely doesn't sync when on that (of course--different nets). And often, even after I turn off VPN and I'm 'back' on the home net, I still can't get it to sync and I have to go into OF Preferences... and click on the "Sync|Broadcast settings button" to get them connected again.

Anyway, HTHs, in case you're a VPN user.

~ Brad

PS I am using Bonjour as well (currently).