The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Esc to leave input boxes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I frequently use keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse to control the browser. The most important ones - space for page down und backspace for back - won't work, though, if the current focus is on an input box of any kind.

It would be great if the old (but mostly forgotten) custom in web browsers could be revived: To just press Esc to place the focus from the input box back to the page itself.

Regards,

zottel

I was just thinking of a similar feature, although I wanted to have a keyboard command that would put the focus in the main part of the webpage, the equivalent to clicking in the background of the page. But the same shortcut would work no matter if the keyboard focus was in an input field, up in the address bar, the search field, or whatever. Just one key I can hit, and then I can start using the space bar and arrow keys to navigate.