The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where's the new Leopard help in OmniWeb 5.7? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I have Version 614.0.94675 and I just realized that the new Help menu is missing. I find this feature extremly helpful to trigger the bookmarks at my favorites bar.

Thanks in advance

The search field should be there. It's actually quite handy as a quick way to search recent history. If you set aside your preferences while OmniWeb isn't running does it start appearing?

1.) Quit OmniWeb.
2.) Move your preference file to a safe place (so you can place it back later to restore your settings).
--The file can be found here: ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist
3.) Launch OmniWeb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
If you set aside your preferences while OmniWeb isn't running does it start appearing?
Unfortunately not.

It looks like you might be with a language other than english. What happens if you switch to english only?

Probably the easiest way is to just put english at the top of the list in your International System preference pane. Then restart OmniWeb.

Quote:
Probably the easiest way is to just put english at the top of the list in your International System preference pane. Then restart OmniWeb.
That fixed the problem but I don't really want to change my whole system language to english, especially when the first versions of OmniWeb 5.7 worked just fine.

Greetings

I was just curious if that's the problem you're running into. We'll look into this.

Quote:
I was just curious if that's the problem you're running into. We'll look into this.
OK

Thanks in advance

When I deactivate every language except english it works again. Would be nice if you could fix this problem soon.

Thanks in advance

I just realized that I have to do this everytime I updated OmniWeb. That's really really annoying.

Is there anything I can do for you to track down the bug?

Thanks in advance

Hi, this is a localization issue. We will make sure the problem is gone for the final release, sorry to keep you waiting. If you like, you can...

Locate your copy of OmniWeb in finder.
Control click on it and in the context menu that appears, choose "Get Info".
In the pane that appears, expand the "Languages" section. Uncheck each language except for English.
Restart OmniWeb which will now start up in English mode and the help menu will appear in full.

Sorry for the trouble here.