The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb interface in Leopard? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Now that I've digested the keynote it's obvious that Leopard will bring many interface changes, and the 2 that would directly affect Omniweb being:

- The new (darker) window style. Many icons that work on the lighter unified toolbar look odd on the new window and lack contrast. In particular I noted that Preview.app now uses Mail.app style lozenges
- Also from Preview.app, it looks possible that drawers are no more

I'd love to hear what the devs plan once they're back from WWDC.

Its an absolute certainty that drawers are gone (score 1 for my prediction in the drawer versus sidebar thread) - if they are to conform to the Apple IG for Leopard all windows in all apps are now to be boring-iTunes-lookalikes and that means sidebars and no drawers. Exposé just got stupidly difficult to use. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Exposé just got stupidly difficult to use. Sigh.
While I prefer the sidebar over drawer method, I heartily agree that this is going to make life really hard to see which window is the one you want. The dark platinum theme works for iTunes, but I think it's going to be too dark system-wide for my tastes. :(

I just switched UNO to the darker theme to get into Leopard mood (that theme feels even darker than the Leopard one, because it also darkens the standard window background colour), and after a few days it feels just natural. I wouldn't be too concerned over the visual impact, there is little.