The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting a Single Actions list by due date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Am I missing something? My view is:

Folder Due Remaining Any Duration Any Flag State

Why isn't this list chronological by due date? It's driving me crazy! I need to do the things due on wednesday with the things due on Thursday underneath looking at the bottom of the list for the things due on Saturday. It drives me nuts that Thursday is under Saturday etc etc and my eyes have to go all over the place to get a sense of timing. Please help.

The sorting in project mode sorts projects, not the actions in the projects. If you have multiple projects or lists selected, you'll see that it has ordered the projects by your sort criterion. To see the actions sorted the way you want, focus on your single action list with the Focus button (if you have it in the toolbar), or cmd-ctrl-F, or right-click on it in the sidebar and select Focus from the pop-up menu. Now switch to context mode and your actions will be sorted individually according to how you set the sort filter.

If you wish, you can permanently rearrange the actions in your list to be in sorted order in project mode by selecting them, then using Edit->Sort to sort them. This is essentially the same as dragging them into the desired order by hand. It does not resort the items if you change due dates, add new items, etc.

Thank you so much - deepened my understanding on how to use context