The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Document version from AppleScript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Now that I have my tasks to iCal events script running every hour, it occurs to me that I could avoid traversing all tasks if nothing has changed since the last time.

I guess that with all the sync code that there is the concept of current version for the document. Is there any access to this via AppleScript?

Cheers

Duncan McGregor

As far as I can see, the modified property of an Omnifocus 'document' (really a database) always seems to return false

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	display dialog (modified of default document) as string
end tell

Last edited by RobTrew; 2009-07-16 at 11:46 AM..

I'm guessing that's on account of changes being automatically saved. I could look at the last modified on the db file I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcg View Post
I could look at the last modified on the db file I suppose.
Possibly - but remember that OmniFocus.ofocus is not really a 'file' - it's a package folder containing potentially thousands of different files.