The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Differences between subtasks and projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hey

i really cant help :O but i just wanted to ask... is the option for "completing" and "dropping" available to subtasks or just projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noworriez1 View Post
hey

i really cant help :O but i just wanted to ask... is the option for "completing" and "dropping" available to subtasks or just projects?
noworriez1, you can just check subtasks off. The statuses "completed" and "dropped" are only for projects. A checked task/subtask means it was completed. As for the "dropped", I can't think of anything besides deleting it.

what if you think of dropping a task for the time being and picking it up later in the next month or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noworriez1 View Post
what if you think of dropping a task for the time being and picking it up later in the next month or so?
Just change the task's start date to a future date. It won't be available anymore.

ah okay, thats true.

what youve failed to complete a task and want to keep a record of it on the app?

I'm not a ninja on GTD neither Omnifocus. I think you should create a new topic with those questions, so others can help you better.