The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

double-hyphens in processing mail messages Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
from your help file:

The first line and any other lines starting with -- (double-hyphens) become new actions. Other lines become notes for the preceding action.

is there a way to configure what this delimiter is? I always thought that using "-- " as the separator line was an internet standard between the body and the signature of a message...

Once it sees "-- " followed by a newline, it assumes everything that follows is the signature block, and disregards it. You shouldn't end up getting strange actions created from signatures. Are you?

On the other hand, if someone sends you a message with "-- <text>" at the start of a line, you will have some trouble. I persuaded Omni to change the format of their auto-responder boilerplate to not have "-- The Omni Group Support Team" but rather "— The Omni Group Support Team" prior to the quote of one's message so that their emails could be accepted by OmniFocus in this fashion, rather than made into two actions, neither of which was particularly useful without the other.

Thanks. I found the offending device. I was missing a space after the "--"