The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start and due date in projects or single action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I create a new project or a single action list.

In both I have some tasks with start dates and due dates.

But in the headline of projects or single action list there is not the earlier start date or last due date.

If I fill both dates in the headline manually and change the date of a task the date in the headline don't change.

I thought the dates in headlines and tasks should synchronise.

And If I finish a task the dates in headline should also change to actually dates.

Is that not possible in OF or must I use a trick

Jochen (.de)

The date assigned to a task will not display in the row for a project, but will affect how that project is sorted or grouped in planning mode.

-P

Oh ;-)

thanks for quick answer.

Sorry, but my english is not so good and I have not long experiance with OF.

So I don't understand yor help.

<The date assigned to a task will not display in the row for a project>

Clear for me.

<but will affect how that project is sorted or grouped in planning mode>

Not clear for me.

In planing mode I cannot see a date in the headline ?

Jochen (.de)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochen View Post

<but will affect how that project is sorted or grouped in planning mode>

Not clear for me.

In planing mode I cannot see a date in the headline ?

Jochen (.de)
If you enable the "view bar" and then choose to "Group By" or "Sort" any date, the projects (not the tasks) get sorted. The projects inherit task dates for the purpose of this sorting.

If you have the date enabled as a column (headline??) you will still not see any date being displayed for the project.

-P