The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Tabs defaulting to the left Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Running 5.5 (v607), and the tab-drawer constantly opens to the left, even though it set to the right (and stays on the right in the prefs). It's as if it doesn't recognise the setting at all. I have tried resetting those prefs, but no go.

Edit: Running a Macbook Pro, 2.0GHz - 10.4.8

Edit#2: And as I opened another tab, in another window, it opens to the right. For the first time in days.

Seems pretty random to me.

Last edited by Andre_; 2006-10-24 at 04:26 AM..

Is the window near the right edge of the screen when you launch? If it is, OmniWeb will open the tab drawer on the left hand side of the window instead of the right. Could this be what you're seeing? You could move the window to the left some and then use "Save Window Size" to set the new location. This should solve the problem.

Also, have you saved your workspace state when you previously had the drawer on the left? If so, the state of the drawer is something that is saved as part of the information about the workspace. Redo your snapshot with it on the right and it will always appear on the right.

I look too deep into things sometimes, Jonathan's description of the problem is probably what you're running into!

Also, if this is the problem and you don't want a snapshot taken at all you can close all your open windows and select "Take snapshot" from the Workspace menu. This will remove the snapshot and OmniWeb will just create a new window pointing at your Start Page on launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_
Running 5.5 (v607), and the tab-drawer constantly opens to the left, even though it set to the right (and stays on the right in the prefs). It's as if it doesn't recognise the setting at all. I have tried resetting those prefs, but no go.

Edit: Running a Macbook Pro, 2.0GHz - 10.4.8

Edit#2: And as I opened another tab, in another window, it opens to the right. For the first time in days.

Seems pretty random to me.
Andre,

I bet your Defaultowworkspace file is corrupted. Close OmniWeb, delete this file, Open Omniweb and see if it works.

You may have to do a complete delete of the program and all files, and then reinstall.

Thanks for all the responses :-)

I have tried even having the window all the way to the left. So much so, that a part of it is actually outside the screen. The moment I command-click a link - wooopty! The window moves to the right in order to open the drawer to the left.

I really don' know wether I have had it saved to the left before. I'm quite new to omniweb, so I am still trying to my head around everything. I mean: By accident I found the nifty feature where one types a webpage (or uses a bookmark), and when the page has openend you type, say, "forum" and click enter, and it goes there. Without you looking for the button. It's an amazing webbrowser.

I assume that the "Defaultowworkspace" file is somewhere inside the package? Or is it a .plist?

Last edited by Andre_; 2006-10-24 at 06:24 PM..

It's in your ~/Library/Application Support/Omniweb 5/Workspaces folder (where ~ = your home folder).

Thanks so much. It works now!

Hmm,

Turns out, that even though it helped removing that file, it propably wasn't that that caused the problem. My MBP is screwed up (the third laptop in a row, seven new motherboards in a row), and I am getting yet another one. Here's to hope [holds glass up high]!:o