The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Snoozing tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A weekly review and planning what tasks to do each day are essential, but very often things come up that require me to shift due dates around. In these cases, I need to "snooze" a current task for a day or two (or three, or a week, etc.). The only application that I've found that lets you do that easily is TaskToy, which is my primary task app right now. TaskToy has a simple dropdown "snooze" menu that gives me many choices for how long to put off the selected task for. And in just two clicks (or one click and hold)!

In other apps, you generally have to edit the due date by typing in an entire new due date or laboriously editing part of the old one - changing 3/8/07 to 3/15/07 (for example) takes too much going back and forth between mouse and keyboard.

Will OmniFocus have an easy way to snooze tasks like this? For mouse users as well as you keyboard junkies? :)

Thanks!
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderbrother
...very often things come up that require me to shift due dates around. In these cases, I need to "snooze" a current task ...Will OmniFocus have an easy way to snooze tasks...?
GREAT concept - I'd love this.

Peter

I know this is a very old thread but incase someone comes across it like I did.

http://bylr.net/3/2008/02/omnifocus-defer-script/
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...0711#post50711