The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wireframe in a specific size Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello to everyone. That's my first post. I'm from Berlin in Germany. I'm glad to find you because I've got a problem using Omnigraffle 5.2.3.

Actually I want to create a Wireframe for a Website. I need a specific width of 1000px. But the only way to change things is from vertical to horizontal format.

Is there a way to create a worksheet with 1000px width and 800px height?

Kind regards, Ingo

You can change the canvas size to your liking in the Canvas Size inspector. (See attached screenshot.)

First, set the ruler units to pixels, then uncheck the "size is multiple of printer sheets" and the "auto-adjust the canvas size" checkboxes.

Finally, enter your desired values in the canvas size fields and you should be set!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 5.01.42 PM.png
Views:	1512
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	2330  

I tried to follow you. It works with the measure. But I don't understand the vertical line in the middle of my worksheet.

It's a little tricky b/c you're screenshot has the inspector settings in German. But the line demarcates where you're page breaks are according to page setup since you are now set to multiple of printer sheets, I think. I actually was coming back to this forum to resolve an issue around fitting to one page and saw this and wanted to offer a little help. You can clearly see though your diagram is 1000px by the ruler.

It can be sort of trial and error. Sometimes I just use the "auto-adjust canvas size" and then create either a PDF or JPG and crop that file b/c it's easier to manage. Also, I do that b/c sometimes at client's sites I can't make sense of their printer settings or the tray for 11x17 and all that.

That's right; it's the page break. One can verify that by unchecking Page Breaks in the View menu. The line should disappear.