The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Checking for updates :) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How about a *tiny* little "hint" as to how much longer? No hard, fast date, mind you....just a bit of a hint.....please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKaren View Post
How about a *tiny* little "hint" as to how much longer? No hard, fast date, mind you....just a bit of a hint.....please?
Yes... This really is like some form of mediæval torture, isn't it???? :(

We are starting to run out of June!

Do you think that Omni-ninjas are concentrating on iPhone iOS4 version and neglected us iPad peeps?;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye_Doc View Post
We are starting to run out of June!

Do you think that Omni-ninjas are concentrating on iPhone iOS4 version and neglected us iPad peeps?;
They submitted the iOS4 version last week, and tweeted they're now focusing on finishing up the iPad version.

Better for them to do good work and submit something workable in 1.0 than to rush it out to meet a perceived deadline, IMO.

Being able to Multitask OF on the iPhone is worth a little wait for the iPad version (with no OS4 till fall)

BZ

Ken

I suppose the question on everyones lips is will it ship by the end of June as suggested ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmstrategy View Post
Ken

I suppose the question on everyones lips is will it ship by the end of June as suggested ..
That's what's great about dates. Who cares?

Ken noted (in this very thread) that they're working very hard (at 2:30 AM in many cases) to get it out as soon as they can. Whether that's in June or not is really immaterial. It's also the reason many folks steadfastly avoid roadmaps, because people see it as some commitment or guarantee.

They're working to ship it ASAP, as they've noted, but it's not possible before it's done, and QA'd. I'll say, I've been places that have shipped stuff before it's ready for sake of a date or a customer commitment, and that sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
They're working to ship it ASAP, as they've noted, but it's not possible before it's done, and QA'd. I'll say, I've been places that have shipped stuff before it's ready for sake of a date or a customer commitment, and that sucks.
It's no picnic being on the receiving end, either!

Oh good. I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessively checking the app store and forum. In the meantime I've been entertaining myself by playing with task apps that don't scratch my GTD itch as well as OF. It hurts to wait but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.