The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Marking actions for attention today Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks. That was really helpful.

Here's another question:

Is there any way to create an alias in OF? I'd like to reference a project from within another project but have it also stand alone as a project. A hyperlink that would link to the higher level project would be greatly helpful.

--Kenoli

You can select any item in OmniFocus (folder, project, task), right-click on the item, and select Copy As Link. Paste the link into the notes field of any other OF item, even into other applications such as the note or URL field of a calendar appointment, and the linked item will open when clicked.

Thanks Greg. The part I didn't get was pasting it into the notes field. I was trying to make it an action.

Brian -- I tried to follow the suggestions in the post by ksrhee. When I set up the perspective, do I make it a project or context perspective? Either way, it fails to display lots of actions that I have flagged. This is getting more and more complex.

--Kenoli

Set it up to be a context perspective, and to ensure that you see all flagged items, set the availability filter to Remaining. If you have the filter set to Available, actions that are blocked by start date, other actions in a sequential project, etc., will not be displayed.